Brian Chase wrote:
Thanks.

If PA taxes higher than some, I wonder what MD taxes. When I lived in Northern MD (about 1 mile from the PA border) we noticed a marked difference in the quality of the roads once we would cross over into PA (the roads were in worse condition in PA). I was told that this was because MD charged higher taxes and applied them partly to the roads. Also, isn't it easier to register a car in PA? Do they require inspections?

MD presently charges $0.235 tax for gas and $0.2425 for diesel (quite a bit less than MD), but over the last 50+ years diesel has ALWAYS cost more in MD than in PA or VA. I've been driving from northern VA to PA, thru MD for more than 50 years - since I graduated from high school in VA in 1953 and went to Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh to collage. Income and property taxes in MD are considerably higher than in PA and that MAY make a differences.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi