Will do, Herr Doktor.

Bob Rentfro

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Booth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Starting Oddness

Bob Rentfro wrote:
After I get the old girl up to NOP (normal operating temperature), shut 'er off, an try to restart within 40 minutes or so, she fires right off. I she sits longer than 45 minutes and less than 90 minutes, she's hard to start and when she does light off the smoke plume is quite impressive. Anything after 90 minutes, BAM she starts right up.

Is this an oddity or an indication of something? I'm used to glow plugs and relays just failing BAM.

Try allowing the glow plugs to glow for another 10 seconds after the
dash lamp goes out and tell us if the smoke goes away!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi