Wish her well, Craig.  I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Went through this with the wife a couple of years ago. Her left hip had
deteriorated to the point of her being nearly unable to walk it was so painful.
 Her hip surgery was done robotically which I thought was pretty cool.  They
had her up and walking the next day, and kept her going at it constantly.  Not
fun, but I think it did a lot to speed her recovery.

Her Mom just had a hip done last year, and they had her up and walking the day
of surgery.  She was out of the hospital a day later and walking pretty well on
her own within a week - she’s in her early 80s and pretty active.

Amazing how quickly they get people back up and walking after such a major
surgery.

-D