I'm waiting for Fred to chime in any moment...

My wife introduced me to an Italian expression "His(her) straw tail has
caught fire", which basically means one is easily excited, prone to losing
one's temper over a small thing, usually a perceived slight.  Warning that
someone has a straw tail - we'd say they have a short fuze.

Max
Charleston SC