Next time, buy some 4x4 lumber and cut pieces that will go across the
engine lift.
Rotate the engine / trans so you can let the lift down and rest the
engine/trans on the legs of the lift while just enough "tension" on the
lifting chain [or nylon rope, if you use that instead] to keep the engine
upright and centered on the 4x4 cross pieces.

If you need more stability for this "load" tie some rope to the top of the
engine [what ever you can find that is solid, and to the legs of the hoist
using truckers knots to pull it up tight.

The whole load will then travel where ever you want to take it using the
engine hoist as the "engine dolly"..

Tip... sweep the drive to remove any rocks or chips that will cause the
wheels to stop rolling... before you start to move the load.

If you need to do it "alone" use something to chock the wheels on the
engine hoist while you reset the come along for each "pull".

I have done this more times than I can count.. suggest, next time.. rent a
pickup truck, and back it up to the garage to unload as close as possible.

This is why I now own a 12,000 lb fork lift.. ;)) BTDT....