So I bought this thing for $1300. It has pretty much sat for 8 years since the woman had to quit driving it for medical reasons. Her boyfriend/partner pulled it out from under the carport occasionally to wash it, so it wasn't completely nasty, paint is good. She wouldn't let him drive it! It fired right up on ancient dizzel fuel in the tank and ran well, so that is something too. I drove it around the block (he was paranoid about no plates, no ins, etc.) and it ran well and shifted well but the brakes are not too good but they at least work. I don't know if that is rust on the rotors, stuck calipers or what, but they did work more or less with some grinding and maybe dragging, pedal was firm no bleed down so the master cylinder is probably OK. Throttle return spring is not springing, I'll have to get one. I took the spring off the 79 TD but this car is different for some reason, maybe a difference between the TD and the CD? I'll go next week to drag it home on my trailer.

The AC compressor belt is missing, the guy said whenever that was removed it was working but not BLOWING ICE COLD so the mech cut the belt for some reason, she got pissed off and left the place like that, so it was never dealt with. I'll get a belt and dump some refrigerant into it and see if it might work.

I figure a few $100s for some brake work, new hoses and belts, fluids change, check out the AC, do a bit of cleaning and polishing, maybe adjust valves, and get it looking nice and see if I can flip it. Max says BaT might be a good venue, sounds like a plan. Or maybe try to sell it to some swell over at the luxury gated resort community... Aside from a bit of rust starting to show here and there, and some door dings on the trailing edges, a tear in the (black) leather driver seat bolster, the car is in pretty nice condition, very clean. Windows were very slow, probably need to clean the slides. 2 owner car, the woman who had it last bought it from the original owner in 92.

Or if Kleb wants to buy it... or if any of y'all would be interested, let me know. You know what I have in it so far (plus your agent fee!). I think it would be a pretty nice car to just enjoy and not obsess over.

--R