Rain starting to pick up here along with some wind and occasional gusts, but nothing too severe yet.  Seems like the forecast is less intense than from yesterday, so that is good.  Depending on what things look like I might try to get down to the beach at high tide to see how high it is and what the surf looks like.  I have been involved in a lawsuit regarding development on the beach and we are hoping it gets a good rinse to demonstrate how futile it would be to build out there!  I went out on the bike yesterday and got about 250 "baseline" pics so will get some "afters" too.

Power still OK, I hope nothing hits the line coming down the driveway and knocks me off.

Power still up so that is good, the dogs are totally ferklempt. Last night I put them out about 9 and they were going insane barking at something.  I got out to look and there was a white dove sitting on the porch roof that was making them crazy.  The bird was just sitting there, rain was starting a bit. Weird.  i wonder if it was one of those birds raised to be released at events and was too stupid to know what to do, or it got blown here from somewhere.

--R