> On September 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM clay monroe via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> they did the dirty deed on his say so with no paperwork.  He tried to steal
> the car from the body shop and send it to Coparts.  It seems this sort of
> thing happens a bunch, as there is a special section of DOL dedicated to
> dealing with this.  I put in a call, but they are really busy overturning
> adjusters who crap on people

The more I think about it, the more I think it's just business as usual,
proceeding blithely along and gittin 'er done as quickly as possible.

The fact that it's not his/her car and they have no right to dispose of it
unless they purchase it, and only after they have actually completed the
purchase just never entered into their tiny brain.

You don't have a contract with them that gives them the right to purchase your
car. If you don't want to sell them the car, it's just a matter of arguing with
them over the size of the check they'll have to give you to make you shut up
and not sue their client.
Mitch.