Before I put it up on eBay, want to offer for the group: Below is description. Email me direct if you want pictures [EMAIL PROTECTED] Hate to see it go, this car is what started my affair with MB diesels, but I am not a two car guy and now I can concentrate on my 1979 240D. With three kids and a garage I can hardly fit my lawn mower in, well...I would like to get $300 Regards Tom Scordato

Vin 123 130 12 04 3707

Motor number 617 912 12 0191 87

Up for sale is a Mercedes Benz 1977 300D, naturally aspirated 3.0-liter non-turbo, and 123 chassis automobile. Car has 270K miles on it. I have owned the car for the last 100K miles since November of 2002. This car was my daily driver until two weeks ago. I believe there is something wrong with my #5 cylinder. Could be an injector, but could also be something more severe such as valves, piston or connecting rod. I do not know. Car is drivable, but I do not recommend it until problem is resolved. A lot of blue smoke and no power up hills. So towing it might be an option. Your choice.

I do not have the time to figure out the problem right now. My Mercedes 1979 240D diesel will be my new driver and prime concern now.

1977 300D is being sold for parts or if you want to repair engine and have some fun/invest some time you can do it and possibly rebuild engine and a have a good driver. There is an abundance of used engines on the market in various shapes and conditions, my estimates are you could drop one of these in turnkey price including used engine with used ancillaries in the range of $750 to $1,500. For the last 100K miles existing engine only saw Mobil one synthetic, changed along with fuel filters every 10,000 miles. I do not have a recent compression test. I have no service records for the first 185K miles of this cars life.

All my service records will be available if you want them at time of purchase.

Car has many new parts; the famous HVAC II system servo valve is less than a year old and was bought new from for over $500 smackers. The heavy-duty Bilestein shocks have less than 35K miles (they go for 150K +/- miles) were installed last year, $ 200 there. Set of 4 Tires are 65 k all season radial tires and have around 5,000 miles on them worth $300 dollars. New Propeller Shaft Flex plates, installed not more than three weeks ago are new. Starter is over sized Bosch (for 300D turbo) unit and is strong. Battery is an interstate about three years old but is going strong. Vacuum door lock rubber units have all been replaced, but door locks just went out after I replaced some of the vacuum tubing. Engine has up dated pencil type glow plug conversion, about 15K miles ago

Transmission shifts well and has for the last 100K miles been serviced every 50K with Mobile 1 fully synthetic tranny fluid. Back end suspension is ok. Differential has seen full synthetic for the last 100K miles. Brake system recently flushed and has seen full synthetic for the last 100K miles. Brakes and rotors and calipers are in fine shape. New windshield seal and rear window seal.

Interior is in fine shape. Driver seat has been overhauled. Numerous other things/parts has been done to the car too much to list. Much money, time and TLC has gone into this vehicle.

Car needs upper control arms ($80 in parts not installed plus torsion bar bushings $5) from my recent alignment inspection. Car has some rust in the usual 123 areas, has some minor water leaks if it rains and the wind blow 50 plus mph. Overall paint job is in good shape. Car also needs a speedo cable, speedometer was recently overhauled.

Body repair work has been done around the front fender wells not body shop quality but holding its own.

Pa inspection was up in February of 2006, but I do a pre inspection and the only thing it needed to pass was the upper control arms and the torsion bar bushings.

Payment terms: Paid in full within 7 days of auction, pay pal, money order, cash or certified check only. Pick up will be within 30 calendar days of end of auction

Pick up and delivery is by others.  Car has a clean title.

I reserve the right to end this auction at any time prior to the eBay end time.

Car is sold as is where is with no warrantees or guarantees implied.