Someone (Max?) here was wondering if the polishing compound I got a few weeks
ago to take the scratches out of my back window on the wagon would work to take
some of the “sandblasting” out of a windshield.

I’ve been wondering the same, so this morning I used the polish on a corner of
my windshield.

I just moved the car out into the sunlight, and looking through it from the
interior of the car so I can move back and forth between polished and
unpolished areas, I would say it removed about 75% of the speckling or
sandblasting.  There is still some speckling present, but it appears to have
removed a fair amount of it.

I will be interested to see how it looks in the dark, too, so I’ll report back
tomorrow after my morning commute if it’s dark enough then.

-D