I went ahead and did my whole windshield.

As the sun is now out of my line of sight I can’t compare it in bright
sunlight, but in the morning it should still be dark enough when I go out to
see it against oncoming headlights and streetlights, which is almost better
than the sun when it comes to showing defects.

I will say it was amazingly clean when I washed the car afterwards!  My RainX
went on like buttah.

The videos I watched for taking out deep scratches used this abrasive and a
felt wheel, like a grinding wheel.  They wailed on the scratch with the thing
for a while, but it definitely took out the scratch.

-D