Funny you mention Doug McClure. His daughter Tane was a customer of mine, we
spoke on the phone many times. At one point she wanted to hire me to do some
training, this was when I was in phone support. She had such a bedroom voice
that her offer sounded like a different kind of offer and kind of freaked me
out.She'd done a bunch of T and A movies in the 80s and my coworkers kept
reminding me that she was old enough to be my mother...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Curley McLain via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   As a kid I got to meet lots of stars
of westerns.  All the Cartwrights
except Adam, Matt Dillon, Festus, Doc, the Virginian (Doug Mcclure)  The
only one that was an A$$hole was Chuck Connors (the Rifleman) and he was
the the one I wanted most to meet and get an autograph.  He was too
drunk to sign autographs.  I think one of 4 appearances was cancelled
because he was too drunk to stand up.  Johnny Crawford says Chuck was
great, but at least on  one weekend, he was worthless.  I think in his
younger days, he was great,  Quite a baseball player too.  (Dual Sport)

Most folks who become a star (or rich) become a$$holes, if they weren't
already.  Festus and Doc genuinely enjoyed meeting people.  I got to see
them several times, and they were always consistent, and the most
friendly of all.

Best thing to do is to ignore the "stars" and don't support
"professional" sports