Hi Max,
    You and I have different impressions of the FS92/M9 as  I never had any mag failures but I never practiced fast mag changes like you either.    Of course, with your military needs I can see how you would be critical of the mag problems.     My FS did come with 3 quality all metal mags, and while  doing range shooting at paper targets there were never any problems.  I keep the gun loaded with a 18 rd (IIRC) mag - if I can't defuse a problem with all those 9mm rounds I need something besides a pistol.
Larry