> some people have a reverence for Glocks that is like no other.

...The brand has quite a reputation for reliability.

Glock was early into the 'appliance' pistol market, and is a high-quality
product.  They are extremely reliable and durable, and an excellent choice
for a utilitarian piece.  I think they're incredibly bland, but they are an
excellent choice where functionality is paramount.  My favorite story is
about the pistol that was lost by a diver in the ocean, and recovered a
year later on another dive.  After a thorough cleaning it was completely
functional, and undamaged by its year in sea water!

-- Jim