Levi Smith wrote:
> Well, I guess that kind of makes sense.  I guess I just have a hard time
> believing that it makes that much difference.  Then again, I've never
> tried it in an urban setting.

I've noticed that some stations come in better halfway, too.  FM
stations, that is -- AM always works better at full extension.

I've been assuming it's related to the resonant frequency of the
antenna.  It will pick up best when it's electrically 1/4 wavelength
long on the frequency you're listening to.

My antenna works fine, but makes horrible howling noises when it reaches
 either end of its travel.

David Brodbeck
'83 300D Turbo