Interesting posit. Just where did you find this tidbit of fact. Since the
Defense Lawyer made the claim "the gun had a hair trigger and he didn't
intend to shoot her", but I find no information about a ricochet shot as
being the killing wound.
Since the weapon was stolen from a police car, the likely owner was a
policeman, No LEO's carry weapons with "hair triggers" because if there is
a "shots fired" incident, the first claim by opposing lawyer representing
the deceased criminal would be the cop used a weapon "reworked" to
establish the cop is a "premeditated killer"... so NO police department
armorer will set a trigger at less than 3 lb pull..

I do however find first person evidence by the young woman's' family
members. who were with her at the murder, who stated the "alleged killer"
walked up to her and shot her, point blank.