> On December 1, 2017 at 5:39 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> I thought the gun was stolen from BLM...

Park Ranger in the employ of BLM was moving to a new job assignment, it was
supposedly his 'back up duty weapon', so I'm not sure if it was his or BLM's,
and he parked in SF with the Sig in a backpack under the front seat of his
truck.

I highly suspect the 7 time felon who 'found the gun in a bag under a bench'
found it in a bag under a bench seat in a locked truck that he had just broken
into.

There was claimed to be physical evidence that a shot ricocheted, not
necessarily the one that hit her. He was said to have claimed that he was
shooting at a protected animal and hit her by accident, then he changed his
story and claimed that the guy just 'went off by accident' and he wasn't
shooting it at all.

Given all that we've seen in the news since the killing, one has to believe
that the prosecution really screwed up if 12 jurors unanimously agreed that the
only crime which was proven beyond reasonable doubt was that he was a felon in
possession of a firearm. And they couldn't have convicted him of that if they
bought the story that he was in the act of picking up a stray package when it
went BOOM.

Mitch.