RB wrote:
> Sort of interesting that all of this discussion about butter is titled
> "heart problems"
>
> Anyone ever use a separator? I neve saw it used, but my grandparents had one
> bolted to the floor in the pantry in the big old house on the farm. A cast
> iron beast about 4 or more feet tall. Red with some chrome parts.

Yes.  Dale Henderson - our neighbor at Drennan - used a separator when
we asked for cream to churn ice cream.  My favorite ice cream is black
licorice ice cream.  Yuk! - right?  Try it.  Dale fed the buttermilk
to the hogs.

Heart problems is still a good discussion.  Good fats are "in" these
days.  Bad BMI (obesity) is being blamed on lowfat/fatfree these days
basically since good amount of fat satisfies the brain and body
leading to less food consumption.  So heart problems are not an issue
for fat and especially dairy fat.  Squeeky cheese - yum stuff!!
tin.man