which means they were probably reversed.  Both brown lines look the same.

clay monroe via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM
The lines were hooked up prior to transmission work. All vac lines were hooked back up following official diagram by the tech. Car came back to me with starting issue that was not there before. I used another diagram from interweb (BW) to trace lines. Used the data provided here to attempt fix and solutions. I plucked brown tubes and checked them for goodness, then installed them according to the diagram. Then I pulled the EGR hose.

clay

1974 450sl - Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen