I think there is low odor contact cement these days, but if not, or if you get the old type, then make sure you have some ventilation.
That stuff could kill you.

RB

On 16/01/2018 3:43 PM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
OK thanks for all the input guys, keep 'em coming if anything else comes to
mind.

Rick - question on the meaning of "both sides".  Do you mean tape on the
top (visible side) and on the back of the formica, or something else?  Tape
down, draw the line over the tape, and make cut through the tape, right?

I'm pretty sure that all the pieces I'm considering will either be on a
cabinet side (end of the kitchen island) or inside (under the kitchen sink)
so I won't have the luxury of finishing the edge with a router.  Flip side
of that coin is that the edges will be either caulked or covered with trim.

Max
Charleston SC

Max
Charleston SC

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 3:53 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes <