On 16/01/2018 5:30 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
Assuming it is in really nice shape but needs an engine is 2k too much for one of these?  The last SL I had was a 77 or 78 that would somewhat run but had a fuel issue, and interior needed recovered, need a soft top, and probably needed paint.  I paid 600 for it, brought it home, I got it running for a minute then it sat around.  I decided I was never going to mess with it and sold it for 1k.

If it needs an engine, you can likely buy it for less than what they are asking. Not all that many people want to mess with changing engines, especially in an old Mercedes. If you want to keep it and drive it, then go have a look. If you want to fix and flip it, forget it. You will not be well paid for your time in messing with it.

RB