I don't know who sells donation cars at Lansing, but they're always on approval
and they have lofty expectations of their Mercedes. First one I saw was a W140
S320, hit so hard in the rear that the back was bent down and it was buckled
above the back wheels. I was stunned when the bidding hit $900, and even more
stunned when I saw it at the next week's auction.
They should have jumped all over that $900 bid.
Furthermore, since the donation people don't have a dealer's license and they
don't want to retitle the cars in the name of the charity before they sell
them, all the donation cars are 'dealer only' bidding, so the idiots that bid
on that S320 all had dealer licenses.
Mitch.