No.  You force it into the system using an existing fitting or opening and look
for it to escape where there are leaks.

The Mazda 6 the wife had a few years ago had a vacuum leak I couldn’t nail
down.  My indie found it in about five minutes using his smoke machine.
Plastic intake manifold had a crack.

-D