WIlton,

I am sorry to hear you have a problem with it. According to this, the wiring harness problems continue.

http://www.mercedesdefects.com/2008/04/wire-harness-defect.html
WILTON via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 2, 2018 at 12:31 PM
Week or so ago, SWMBO came in with mystery question: She had been leaving a parking lot to head home when a woman came running toward her with arms waving and calling out, "Your trunk is open! Your trunk is open!" Shownuff, SWMBO checked in mirror and saw trunk lid standing straight up! I told SWMBO that maybe she had inadvertently "hit" the OPEN switch on the key fob or in the driver door inside panel.

Then, as I entered kitchen at about 0800 this morning, I glanced out at the car via a window in door from outside into the kitchen and saw the trunk lid standing straight up, again! I went out and, luckily, did not find anything "amiss" (did not notice anything missing or rearranged in trunk - my electric mobility scooter is most significant thing there). What the!!!??

Wilton

Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 2, 2018 at 11:02 AM

Yep. At the rate I was using it up, it would have been ready for an engine
rebuild in another 60-80 years.
The 240D of pickups.

-- Jim

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 2, 2018 at 8:01 AM
That sucks, big time.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 2, 2018 at 12:38 AM
My son was driving, his first long-distance freeway trip. Learner's
permit. My beautiful 1997 dodge diesel pickup, 110kmi on it, is no more.
(Probably.) I _loved_ that truck, and intended to drive it forever. It
was arguably our most valuable vehicle, and was the second newest.
Destroyed by pounding across a 3' ditch coming off the freeway, changing to
highway 18 off of I-90. We're fine. Wheels bent backwards into front
wells, oil pan cracked, etc. Airbag did not go off, we went up in the air
more than stopped. Expect insco to try to screw us, the truck was
immaculate inside. No wear on seats, etc.

-- Jim