Ok so yesterday while tending to my Tufts student rentals, I see a well
patinated dark olive green 280SEL 4.5 with palomino leather interior on a car
trailer in the the Tufts Fletcher School parking lot. I pull in behind it with
my 78 240D and encounter two young guys. One of them starts telling me how he
just bought it for only $1700 and trailered it down from Searsmont, Maine.
These guys were no more than 20 and one of them a Tufts undergrad. They were
very interested in my 240D and excited to see that it has a 4 speed manual
(most millenials don’t know how to drive a manual) and said that they had seen
it on the street earlier. One of them, the now new owner of the w108 found it
on Craigslist and drove all the way from Southern CT to pick it up. They were
both extremely knowledgeable about vintage Mercedes and together tore apart and
rebuilt an m116 in a 380SE at age 17. The guy plans to megasquirt it. I told
him that a good friend of mine had already done so on an m117.

The car came with a lot of paperwork and the original bill of sale from 1972
sold to Peter Gregg of Jacksonville, FL. He googled the guy and discovered that
Gregg was a famous race car driver!

Refreshing to see young kids with a true passion for old Mercedes!

Sent from my iPhoneI