The other day I finally got a chance to go to the range and try out my .54
caliber TC Renegade that I bought back in
February.https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1754/27872740887_471c6a931d_b.jpg
With roundball it was kind of all over, I was holding about a 4" circle, I knew
it could do better. When I bought the gun I also got 150 460gr "Buffalo
Bullets" somebody had cast with a Lyman
mold.https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1726/27872644347_20db850c5e_b.jpgWith 70
grains of powder they were a little low, with 80 they're still a little low but
make a nice
group:https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1743/41842003945_8170d5acae_b.jpgThe
Buffalo bullets make better holes too, they're the ones at about 5 o'clock in
the picture.
I need to get a chronograph and see how fast they're going, with 460gr thats a
helluva punch. Of course there is an equal and opposite reaction and the gun
kicks like a mule shooting them. I ran out of powder at about the same time I
ran out of shoulder, next time out I'll go back to 70gr and adjust the sights
up a little...
-Curt