Saturday I got to work on my gas grill.Here's the old burner:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1721/41801207405_81f29ba2c0_b.jpg
I suspect I could have welded in patches to save it but it wouldn't be pretty
and wouldn't last. That was the "cheap" burner which lasted 8 years, this time
I opted for the "premium stainless steel burner". If it lasts another 8 years
I'll be happy.
New burner, new briquette tray:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1738/42651741582_30813be2a1_b.jpg
New ceramic briquettes, new porcelain coated grill grates:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1723/40891086850_77a05fc341_b.jpg
Total cost about $150 shipped. $150 doesn't buy much in a grill...
To save wear and tear on the grill grates Angie bought some copper/silicone
mats that go over the grates and prevent crud from cooking onto them, seems to
work good and because they're thin you still get lines on the food.
-Curt