If it's all carboned up from slow city driving, before you change the plugs
try an Italian tuneup - high RPMs, high load (up a hill and/or 3 of your
heaviest friends), and at least 2 miles of this style of driving.  It might
sound like hell after the first time you do this, but if you do it a few
times the amount of carbon should be blown out the exhaust.