To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: [MBZ] timing chain rail pins OM603

God freakin bless America! I am so aggravated. I'm pulling the head on
the 300SDL and everything is smooth as can be. Less than 1 1/2 hrs to
get everything striped down but the timing chain rail pins. The top
one comes right out with my standard method of stacking nuts and
washers and progressively tightening a center bolt, but the bottom
will not budge. I'm sure the little valve cover bolt is going to snap.
There is no way the puny dealer mini slide hammer would do any thing.
I've tapped it heated it soaked it with PB blaster and nothing. I've
got twice as much time in this one mother pin as the rest of the job
so far. Does anyone have some miracle method or a special prayer or
curse for such an occasion? Who knows if this pin is inside or outside
the loop of the timing chain? I think it is time for a beverage!! I
know a Harpoon IPA ought to do the trick

Bob DuPuy
Parrish, FL