On Tue,8/7/18 18:47, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes wrote:
Anyone know of a shop that rebuilds rear ends? I'm putting a wavetrac lsd into a 91 500sl diff. Apparently pretty straightforward except some of the shims are nla so need to grind down to suit. Pinion does not need to come
out.

Anyone rebuild one of these things? It is non asr non lsd now. Going into
the 124.

Thanks
I would suggest that you look close to home. Any shop that does custom and hot-rod type work should be able to set up a differential. My younger son is a mechanic and he did them when he worked for a shop that did custom work. Not that difficult once you learn the basics.

This is the shop that he used to work with. http://sandalefabrication.com/

He now works for a government agency doing mostly fleet maintenance. Not as much fun but better pay and a pension etc.

RB