Max does that car have a cabin air filter? When changed last? Another thought is can you get hold of a endoscopy type camera to take a look at the condition of the evaporator? On my W123 when I took it out the bottom half of it was all crudded up between the fins with dirt and hair ETC. Could be you have the same problem. Just another thing to think of.

MG

Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
That's an option.  The bigger / better condenser might mean some field
engineering work in order to make it fit, and the expense of purchasing the
thing, so I'm not too keen on going down that road.  However, a bigger /
better condenser would definitely improve system performance.

Right now I'm getting about a 25 degree differential between ambient and
the center vent airflow, about 50% of the time (which is when conditions
are optimal).  The rest of the time, not so good. The last of the bits that
I've ordered have all arrived as of yesterday, so perhaps this weekend I'll
make some time and attack this again.  Plan is to discharge the current
fill (hydrocarbon blend), install new expansion valve and new receiver /
drier with a bit of oil, pull vacuum, install two cans (12 oz) of the
blend, then one dose of system drier (converts any remaining water into a
silicone oil), install Dan's magic ClipLight sealant to fix the leak in the
evaporator, and then check performance and top up as needed.
Max
Charleston SC

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM Curley McLain via Mercedes <