BEST THING TO DO IS TO TAKE THE SIDE COVER OFF THE IP, then see if wiggleing the stop lever will move the rack at all. If not, the rack may be stuck/rusted. You will probably be able to see some rust, if that is the problem. If the lever doed not wiggle the rack at all, try to see if you can move it a thousandth or 2 (or 5) manually, with a finger or screwdriver, but DON"T force it! Next step would be to hook a hose to the vacuum shutoff and suck (or alternately; suck then blow) on it, and see it that wiggles the lever at all. If not, remove the vacuum actuator, then see if the rack advances when the footfeed is floored.

One extremely odd thing that happened is a broken governor that slammed the rack to the off position, but that happened as soon as the car started. I don't think that is the case here, because the shutoff lever is stuck down, but the point is, sometimes unheard of things happen.

Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
Jack&  Tim;

Gentle pressure on the stop lever is fine, but I wouldn't get too aggressive.
Inside the injection pump, the stop lever moves the fuel rack.  The fuel rack
is connected to the plunger / barrel assemblies at one end, and the governor at
the other end.