On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 14:20:10 -0400 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have an ancient Schauer (sp?) charger that belonged to my Dad.  It
> will spike up to 15 amps and taper down automagically.  It’s done the
> job for me for a number of decades despite being in rather ratty
> condition.

I also have a Schauer I inherited from my Dad, though it's a 6 A model.

I haven't needed to use it too much because my BatteryMINDer 12248 and
1510 will start charging a battery even if its voltage is fairly low.

I currently have the 12248, which starts charging at 2, 4, or 8 A
depending upon how it set it and then tapers to a maintaining/desulfating
charge, on our Kenworth, which has four Group 31 950 CCA, 81 AH batteries.

I would use the 1510 to maintain the battery on a third vehicle, which we
currently do not have ...

Craig