I have just started using this process and it is just great!

I print down the mailing label and pay for the postage all at the same
time. Actually, I do this through Ebay and Paypal most of the time
when I sell something.

We live in a rural area and know our post lady well. She takes our
packages during her normal rounds.

If I miss our Carrier, I can take the package down to our local PO and
just leave it on the counter as the Post Lady knows me. The only think
she asks is that I change the "mailed from" to her zip as she should
get credit for the handling.

This new service has saved me numerous hours and frustration....glad
to see our Postal Service becoming interactive with customer needs.