I drove back from Columbia, SC on Saturday through Atlanta because there was
freezing rain predicted in Cherokee -- that stretch of I 40 is quite bad enough
in dry, sunny weather when the traffic is heavy, no need to risk trouble.

Some rain, but otherwise a nice drive.  If I make the trip again, I will go
that way, I can take US 231 for  40 or 50 miles of two lane to skip the traffic
in Nashville, TN.

Only a few idiots on the trip, one of whom wiped out three or four cars zig
zagging around like Ricky Racer in bumper to bumper traffic.