Most expensive engine on Car-part.com is $1000. Cheapest is $600. One from an SD at Chehalis, WA for $775 People asking stupid prices on fleabay, but many are engine/trans together.

Many many others on car-part.com with prices unlisted. This means negotiable, or they are crazy. If you call around, you can find a deal for a good engine.

Or look for another free SD.

What was the cause of death of the OM617?

clay monroe via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 29, 2018 at 8:30 PM
I have fallen into a funding source to put Allen (SD) back on the road. SWMBA will probably be satisfied to not be taking part in putting me in newer iron. Funds are limited, but should cover acquisition of a turbo powered OM617 of reasonable miles.

Anybody on the list have a reliable enough example they can part with? Would need it shipped to commercial address. I am thinking $2k, not the @8k Metric motors wants.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net