To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anti-Sieze on Lug Bolts

I will never install a lug bolt without anti-seize and a torque wrench. The previous owner had new tires installed before I picked up the car, however, he had them installed at a truck tire center. Yep, they used the big impact wrench. I used my own impact wrench to try and get them off, no luck. I twisted off 2 bolts before taking it to a trusted tire center. They called me after twisting off the first bolt, I told them to go ahead and give the others a shot. At this point I had no other options. The other 3 broke off as well. After grinding and drilling 5 lug bolts, buying the Dr. Booth recommended lug bolts (replacement for OEM), I have wheels that I can get off as needed.

James Jetton

1987 300SDL 139k