Or you could wait for my senior design project to finish ;)  Its a
replacement similar to the Unwired tools, but should be about half the
price ($350).

If you can DIY for only as little as half the commercial price then
the commercial price is probably pretty reasonable!  You could probably
do very well with a PIC (or some such) and a monovalve and vacuum valve
array out of a later car.  And a tiny amount of software of course!

For the cars that accepted both the Chrysler and VDO ACC systems
(107 & 123 but what else?) I'd be sorely tempted to try to convert
to the other factory system.  Not that this would be the project of
an afternoon or two!

Lessee, a nice non-rusty 6.9 with either manual HVAC or a VDO
retrofit?  Yeah, I'll add that to my fantasy pile o' cars.

-- Jim