In their privacy policy, which is not made available through the TV or the
paperwork that comes with it, but must be viewed on the internet and is subject
to change without notice, they inform you how they collect and use data on you.
It takes less than an hour to find it and read it, not that they intend for
anybody to actually invest the time and effort to do so.
At Walmart.com, the 'smart' TVs still cost more than the dumb ones, and you can
buy dumb ones, at least up to 50" or so.
Mitch.