So if the TV is not listed as "smart", then can we assume that it will not be
collecting data?
Thanks,
Gerry

P.S. Another security concern is the ability of police and others with the
necessary equipment to access the information stored in cars according to one
source.

There should be ways to prevent the collection of data in modern cars, but I
haven't been able to find any.

If I could still keep my '83 Mercedes running, or if there was a reasonable
Merz mechanic locally, I'd still be driving them instead of the "modern" car
I'm driving.

Mitch Haley wrote:
> In their privacy policy, which is not made available through the TV or the
> paperwork that comes with it, but must be viewed on the internet and is
> subject to change without notice, they inform you how they collect and use
> data on you. It takes less than an hour to find it and read it, not that they
> intend for anybody to actually invest the time and effort to do so.
> At Walmart.com, the 'smart' TVs still cost more than the dumb ones, and you
> can buy dumb ones, at least up to 50" or so.
> Mitch.

> > Gerry wrote: If you find a new monitor or TV that isn't "smart", I for one
> > would like to buy one as well. I bought one several years ago before I
> > found out about their spying abilities, and set it on the shelf when I did.
> > Son will be getting it as soon as we find the power supply.

> > I would like to see someone take the question to the Supreme Court  of why
> > businesses; including major corporations; can "steal" data (information of
> > all kinds) from us with impunity, while we can go to prison for stealing
> > data from them?

---
https://www.avg.com