Done, works.  A small victory, and now we know that 124 locks are very
serviceable.  There were several wafers that proud of the tumbler, worked
from highest to lowest, retrying with each wafer, until it finally worked.
Still a little notchy, if I have to take it apart again I just may try to
source some new wafers.

Some of the wafers were whole, like the 201 wafers in the link, but some
were split in half, so each half could be differently keyed (different
number wafer).  Not sure what that is all about, maybe the valet key has
some difference that takes advantage of that.