I ran the 240D on a mix of alot of things, including filtered used ATF  (in a
mix, not heated, in the summer), but not long enough to conclude  anything.

  Chris

Levi Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  That's probably why I've never heard it,
most any time I've heard it
mentioned was just as you stated, a once in a while to clean things up.
  Generally I just fill my new fuel filter up before with ATF before
putting it back on.

Though I've heard maybe one or two people talk of running on used ATF,
and now if I ever have that opportunity I may rethink it...  (:

Thanks!
Levi (:

Marshall Booth wrote:
> Levi Smith wrote:
>
>>This guy doesn't have any sort of injector heaters or anything?
>>
>>If so, that's great.  Most anyone I've heard of in other countries are
>>at least using some sort of heat at or near the injector pump.
>>
>>The Mercedes are about the best there are from what I've heard, but that
>>cold oil on cold engines tends to build up from everything I've heard.
>>I forget which list it was on, but someone had "official" test results
>>from a while ago that pretty much showed that vegoil killed every engine
>>they ran it in, just in varying lengths of time depending on the engine.
>>  However, they weren't heating it at all.
>>
>>I haven't heard of ATF coking you up though.  I've heard that actually
>>CLEANS things out, not vice-versa...
>

> You need to do a little more research!
>
> Mercedes has issued a TSB forbidding the use of ATF as a fuel additive.
> They tested it extensively and forbade it's use because it causes
> injector coking! Used briefly, it may do some other good (it increases
> combustion temperature and is an excellent fuel system solvent) and then
> normal operation on untreated fuel will usually disperse the minor
> coking one application is likely to cause.
>
> Marshall

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 212K, "Wulf"
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

starting at 1&cent;/min.