Mine was white. My wife wouldn't drive it when I brought it home; said it looked like an ugly ambulance. I finally persuaded her to drive it around the block. She wouldn't give it back and wouldn't drive anything but MBs the rest of her life.

I still have her '83 240D (showroom condition) which I am thinking of selling or trading for one of those 40 mpg 190Ds.
GerryA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Faeth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300td timing chain issues

the flat end

It is there to absorb the energy of the taps that is not translated into
moving the steel in the rivet (link pin) so that energy does not distort
the sprocket or cam assembly.

110s were/are great cars.  Between the noise, the fins and the big ol
grille, they were always head-turners.  33 mpg combined with 27 cent fuel
made for cheap travelling.