Which is one reason the aviation software driven electronics are SO
expensive - it all has to be FAA certified, including the OS and firmware.
What should be a $500 - $1000 piece of equipment quickly becomes $10,000 to
$15,000.
The recent Boeing software glitch is surprising in that there have been so
few instances of that sort of thing so far. Says something about the
testing and review that's happened so far. Yes, the results are deadly when
something goes wrong, but it doesn't happen often (yet).

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg