I was driving the SL600 on Saturday, it was running really well. Stopped at a light and as it dropped to idle it was barely running, misfiring, smoking.  I managed to limp along until I got a couple miles to where I was going.  Shut it off and it ran fine.  I need to tear into the wiring, it has likely all gone to shite on the throttle bodies and ignition bits and whatever else. Just have not take the time to check it out.

There is a Russian guy in NJ who rebuilds all this stuff too, esp on the 600s.  He has lots of vids on his web site about working on them, but not the actual rebuilding/resoldering.

--FT