I have 2 560SECs!  One is better than the other but both are kinda rough, but the better one is not too bad.  I got the second one for $300, have not done anything with it or taken parts off, kinda hate to start buggering it up as it is pretty much complete.

I like how it drives, the big V8 gives it a nice kick, nothing like a newer engine but it is 30 years old so no complaining.  Has the 126 stability which is very comfortable.  Big solid car.  I love the style of the car, it is one of my favorite Benzes.

I think a turbo-diesel should slide right in there, same chassis as the 300SDs.... I guess it would be a 300SDC?

--FT