Yes, oil can leak from the turbo into the intake, but usually will also leak into the exhaust -- if so, there will be quite a bit of coke in there (hard glassy carbon) that is fairly oily, not dry and fluffy.

The other source of oil in the front of the turbo is blowby and/or a failed oil separator allowing oil mist into the intake rather than returning it to the pan.

Most likely excessive blowby -- have you pulled the hose and checked? I've not been following this thread carefully.

If OK, I would suspect bad valve guides -- you have to put enormous amounts of oil into the combustion chamber before you get blue smoke on a diesel.....

Peter