Can you explain the basement trick? Ours leaks a bit, I've been planning to dig
around it and lay plastic sheets, also to resculpt the landscape to help the
water run away.More insulation would be a plus too.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 7:16 PM, Curley McLain via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   yes.   Several times I didn't rush on
a big project, but let the ideas
simmer, and in the end, the product was significantly better than the
original plan.  Moving a garage in 1977 is one of those projects.
Straightening basement walls is a couple others.   I've done 2 of those
now, and it is a one man job once you dig up around the outside.  But is
is still way cheaper than putting in the anchors, or the braces or other
solutions.  An old carpenter told me the trick.  In the end, you get a
dry, insulated basement that is tight and significantly warmer in the
winter as a bonus.  Lotsa smaller projects, i apparently put off, but
the delay allowed gestation of better ideas.