Actually Floyd is a customer of Berkeley Electric Coop which buys electrons wholesale from SCEG and forwards them along to member customers.  I am wondering if there will be any trickle-down to the Old Benz account.  I'll have to check with a guy I know who is a board member.

This whole thing was probably the biggest fraud in SC history, and so far none of the good ol boys are facing prosecutors. Public Service Commission members (appointed by the good ol boy scalawag politicians) are still making big bank overseeing this business, imagine that.

--FT

On 6/13/19 12:57 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
How will you spend your windfall?

UTILITIESS.C. customers to get $146M in historic class-action suitPublished:
Thursday, June 13, 2019

Current and former ratepayers of South Carolina Electric and Gas will split
$146 million in what is considered the largest private class-action
settlement in state history.

News outlets report a judge finalized the decision Tuesday. More than 1
million customers were involved in the lawsuit, represented by 13 law firms.

The attorneys sued SCE&G and parent company Scana Corp. for its role in the
abandoned construction of two nuclear plants in the state that never
generated power. Virginia-based Dominion Energy Inc. took over the utility
in January.

SCE&G agreed to pay $115 million and sell properties valued at $85 million.

The attorneys who argued the case will get $51 million plus nearly $900,000
for expenses.

It's unclear when SCE&G customers will get paid and how much each customer
will receive. *— Associated Press*

--FT