dave walton wrote:
My 94 S350 has started showing some steering problems when cold. There is a
pulsating moaning sound as you turn. You can feel the pulsating through the
steering wheel. It changes pitch with the engine speed. It is maybe slightly
harder to turn. After about 2 minutes, it goes back to normal. I could go
out on a limb and suggest the steering pump is going bad, but I've been
wrong before with apparently simple assumptions like that. If it is the
pump, is it fixable? Easy fix?

I'd start by changing the PS fluid and the filter.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)